Valid from 5.3.2021
Epidemiological measures related to COVID-19
The following anti-epidemiological measures have been taken in the Canary Islands in relation to the occurrence of COVID-19:
🚦Islands according to the epidemiological situation on the date of update:
🟢 La Palma, La Gomera, EL Hierro;
🟡 Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria;
🔴 Lanzarote, La Graciosa.
Current wording of the law http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/boc/2021/015/006.html
Measures under health situation
Maximum capacity among non-cohabitants in spaces for public and private use:
🟢 10 people, except cohabitants;
🟡 6 people, except cohabitants;
🔴 4 people, except cohabitants;
🟤 2 people, except cohabitants.
Limitation of movement at night, except for properly justified trips:
🟢 from 00:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. everyday;
🟡 from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. everyday;
🔴 from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. everyday;
🟤 from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. everyday.
Opening hours in commercial establishments and services with the exception of basic needs (food, pharmacies, …):
🟢 without restriction;
🟡 without restriction;
🔴 without restriction;
🟤 maximum until 6 p.m.
Hostelería, restoration and terraces, bars and cafes:
🟢 max. 10 persons / table exterior, 6 persons / table interior, 4 persons / bar, open until 24:00;
🟡 max. 6 persons / table exterior, 4 persons / table interior, 2 persons / bar, open until 23:00;
🔴 max. 4 persons / table, open until 22:00. Indoor service prohibited;
🟤 max. 4 persons / table, open until 18:00. Indoor service prohibited.
Sports activity inside facilities:
🟢 max. 10 p./group, including monitor, in collective activity if the distance of 2 m cannot be maintained;
🟡 max. 6 p./group, including monitor, in collective activity if the distance of 2 m cannot be maintained;
Sports activity and physical exercise outdoors:
🟢 max. 10 p./group, including monitor, if you cannot keep a distance of 2m;
🟡 max. 6 p./group, including monitor, if you cannot keep distance of 2m;
🔴 max. 4 p./group, including monitor, if you cannot keep distance of 2m;
🟤 individual, as long as you can maintain a distance of 2m.
Hospitals and health care centers:
🟢 no limitis;
🟡 limited visits, under supervision of the center;
🔴 visits suspended except in situations necessary at the discretion of the physician or the center. The exits of residents in centers for the elderly are suspended, except in necessary situations;
🟤 visits suspended except in situations necessary at the discretion of the physician or the center. The exits of residents in centers for the elderly are suspended, except in necessary situations.
Urban and metropolitan public transport:
🟢 no limitis;
🟡 limited to 50% of its capacity;
🔴 limited to 50% of its capacity;
🟤 limited to 50% of its capacity.
Gambling casinos, bingo halls, arcades and games rooms, external betting venues and other premises and facilities similar to those for recreational gaming and betting activities:
🟢 no limitis;
🟡 no limitis;
🔴 no limitis;
The entry and exit of people from the islands:
🟢 no limitis;
🟡 no limitis;
🔴 only in duly justified cases (for example, tourists with a paid trip or accommodation in a licensed facility);
🟤 only in duly justified cases (for example, tourists with a paid trip or accommodation in a licensed facility).
Measures that apply generally
- The social distance or interpersonal distance is set at 1.5 meters.
- The use of the mask is mandatory for adults and children over 6 years of age on public roads, in open spaces and in any publicly used enclosed space or in any publicly accessible place, regardless of maintaining interpersonal safety. distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- Proper use of the mask is mandatory, it must constantly cover the nose and mouth.
- Frequent hand washing (with soap and water or hydroalcoholic hand disinfectant gel) is recommended.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco inhalation devices, hookahs, hookahs, hookahs or similar devices is not permitted on public roads and outdoors, unless an interpersonal safety distance of 2 meters can be guaranteed.
- In all forms of public transport, service companies are obliged to comply with a number of necessary health and hygiene measures.
- Seating is regulated in order to maintain a social distance.
- Payment of the fare is only possible in the form of prepaid carrier cards. In Gran Canaria, payment by credit card is also possible.
- In common areas, capacity is limited to allow the required social distance to be maintained; this is the case with various fun activities and group courses.
- Hydro-alcoholic gels for hand disinfection are installed in the dining areas at the entrance, the tables are 1.5 meters apart and are cleaned and disinfected between clients. Elements of common use, such as napkin racks or toothpicks, have been eliminated.
- Buffet bars must be separated from clients by a protective screen and must offer pre-prepared or fresh products in separate and individually stored containers (plates, bowls,…).
- Limited capacity, depending on available sunbeds, while respecting social distance measures for the family unit.
- They must be disinfected every day.
Beaches and natural swimming pools
- There are capacity restrictions (4 m2 per person).
- A distance of 1.5 m between groups of sunbeds and parasols is mandatory and disinfection is required and their regular disinfection.
- On beaches and swimming pools, there is an exemption from the obligation to wear a mask while swimming and staying in a certain area without moving to another place, provided that it is possible to guarantee respect for the interpersonal safety distance between all users who do not live in the same household.
- The use of a mask is mandatory on all access roads and during walks in these areas, with the exception of the road to and from the water.
- The minimum distance between the tables is 1.5 m.
- All products for common use, such as napkin racks, sugar bowls, salt shakers, etc. were excluded.
- Drinks and menus are replaced by either QR codes or menus on the boards.
- At the entrance it is obligatory to use a hydroalcoholic gel for hand disinfection.
- In hotel and restaurant facilities and services, including bars and cafes, it is an exception to the obligation to wear a mask only when eating or drinking.