Valid from 17.9.2021
Epidemiological measures related to COVID-19
The following anti-epidemiological measures have been taken in the Canary Islands in relation to the occurrence of COVID-19:
Current wording of the law in Consejería de Sanidad site
The full text of the measures can be downloaded in PDF format from the Gobierno de Canarias http://sede.gobcan.es/boc/boc-a-2021-183-4015.pdf
🚦Islands according to the epidemiological situation on the date of update:
🟢 Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro, La Graciosa
🟡 Tenerife, Gran Canaria
Measures under health situation
Maximum capacity among non-cohabitants in spaces for public and private use
🟢 12 people, except cohabitants
🟡 8 people, except cohabitants
🔴 6 people, except cohabitants
🟤 6 people, except cohabitants
Limitation of movement at night, except for properly justified trips
🟢 without restriction
🟡 without restriction
🔴 without restriction
🟤 without restriction
In those establishments and activities that, prior to the pandemic, did not have a closing time set, or had a higher one, the maximum authorized closing time will be:
The sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages, individually or in groups, on public roads, parks or outdoor recreation areas is not allowed.
Maximum permitted capacity out of the maximum permitted capacity for the establishment (hospitality activities)
🟢 outdoor spaces 100%, indoor spaces 75%
🟡 outdoor spaces 75%, indoor spaces 50%
🔴 outdoor spaces 75%, indoor spaces 40%
🟤 outdoor spaces 75%, indoor spaces 25%
Hostelería, restoration and terraces, bars and cafes
- In the establishments and activities of hotels, restaurants and terraces, as well as in beach bars and restaurants, the distance of at least 2 meters between the chairs of different tables or groups of tables, and between groups of clients in the bar.
- Each table or group of tables must be according to the number of maximum capacity between non-cohabitants in spaces for public and private use. The bar space assigned to each client or group of clients must be physically marked.
- The prohibition of the use of the interior areas and the full closing hours of the premises do not affect tourist accommodation establishments for the exclusive use of guests on an accommodation basis who may remain open at their usual hours with a capacity of 33%.
- Smoking will not be allowed on the terraces or other outdoor spaces depending on the premises or establishment
- The customer cannot occupy a table without being accommodated by the establishment’s staff. Customers must remain seated at the table or occupying the space assigned in the bar at all times, limiting movements within the establishment to what is strictly necessary and maintaining interpersonal safety distance.
- The home delivery service at all alert levels will be carried out until midnight.
- The mandatory use of the masks must be made permanently, both indoors and outdoors, except when eating food or beverages.
- The activity of nightlife establishments, discos, cocktail bars and karaoke bars is allowed, only for those hospitality activities, such as restaurants or bars, that are authorized by their municipal license, under the same conditions as establishments that have it as an activity. specific.
- Dancing is not allowed.
- People responsible for nightlife facilities and activities are required to require a COVID certificate from employees, users or participants.
Closure of beaches and parks
🟢 without restriction
🟡 without restriction
🔴 22:00 – 06:00
🟤 22:00 – 06:00
Maximum groups of people in tour guide and active tourism activities
Urban and metropolitan public transport
🟢 no limitis;
🟡 limited to 50% of its capacity
🔴 limited to 33% of its capacity
🟤 limited to 33% of its capacity
Gambling casinos, bingo halls, arcades and games rooms, external betting venues and other premises and facilities similar to those for recreational gaming and betting activities
🟢 no limitis
🟡 no limitis
🔴 forbidden consumption of drinks or food. The people responsible for nightlife establishments and activities will collect information from employees, users or participants for the traceability of infections and contacts, in accordance with the provisions of article 5.2 of the law. The information collected will include name and surname, ID, telephone number and date and time of the service. This record will be kept at the disposal of the health authorities for a month after the event. The information processing will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulations, with the sole purpose of monitoring, surveillance and epidemiological control of COVID-19.
🟤 forbidden consumption of drinks or food. The people responsible for nightlife establishments and activities will collect information from employees, users or participants for the traceability of infections and contacts, in accordance with the provisions of article 5.2 of the law. The information collected will include name and surname, ID, telephone number and date and time of the service. This record will be kept at the disposal of the health authorities for a month after the event. The information processing will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulations, with the sole purpose of monitoring, surveillance and epidemiological control of COVID-19.
The entry and exit of people from the islands
🟢 without restriction
🟡 without restriction
🔴 without restriction
🟤 restrictions when traveling from the islands
Travelers aged twelve or more years from islands that are at alert level 4 who travel to other islands must prove that they have carried out, within 48 hours prior to arrival, a diagnostic test for active infection with negative result, self-diagnostic tests will not be admissible, except in the cases provided by law, in particular:
- Passengers in transit with final destination to another country or another place of the national territory.
- Travel for medical reasons to hospitals and similar facilities.
- Travel for reasons of labor, professional, business, institutional or legal obligations.
- Travelers who prove they have received the complete vaccination schedule against COVID-19 of a vaccine authorized by the European Medicines Agency with more than 14 days in advance within the 12 months prior to the trip, or have passed the disease in the 180 days prior to the date of posting.
Measures that apply generally
Mandatory use of masks
All persons six years of age and older are obliged to use a mask:
- In any closed space for public use.
- In any outdoor space where it is not possible to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people, except for groups of cohabitants.
- In means of air, sea, bus or tram transport, including platforms and passenger stations, or cable car, as well as in other public and private transport, in the latter if the occupants of the vehicles do not live in the same address. In the case of passengers on ships and boats, it will not be necessary to use masks when they are inside their cabin, or in exterior spaces of the ship when the safety distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained.
- In large outdoor events, when attendees are standing or if they are seated when 1.5 meters of distance between people cannot be maintained, except for groups of cohabitants.
- In the closed spaces of non-university and university educational centers, as well as in outdoor spaces where it is not possible to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people, except for groups of cohabitants.
- In closed sports facilities and centers.
The obligation to use a mask will not be enforceable in the following cases:
- People who have some type of illness or respiratory difficulty that may be aggravated by the use of the mask.
- When, due to the very nature of the activities, the use of the mask is incompatible, in accordance with the indications of the health authorities.
- In hotel and catering establishments and services, including bars and cafeterias, only at the time of food or beverage intake.
- While eating or drinking in the open air and without moving on public roads, exclusively during consumption and provided that the distance of two meters with other people can be guaranteed. Likewise, while smoking in the cases established in section 7 of article 10 of this Decree-Law.
Interpersonal safety distance
- In general, the measure of maintaining the interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters on public roads, in outdoor spaces and in any closed space for public use, or that is open to the public, must be complied with. public. Failing that, alternative measures of physical protection, adequate hygiene and respiratory etiquette are mandatory, without prejudice to the mandatory use of a mask in the cases contemplated in this Decree-Law.
- The permanence of people in the establishments, premises or spaces will be restricted to a maximum number of people that allows compliance with the interpersonal safety distance indicated above. If it is not possible to maintain the distance, the stay will be restricted to a single person.
- The obligation to maintain interpersonal safety distance will not apply between cohabitants. For the purposes of this law, cohabitants are understood to be those people who reside under the same roof.
- It is recommended to avoid staying in crowded closed places and in the vicinity of other people.
- It is not allowed to smoke, use tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes or similar devices on public roads and in outdoor spaces, when traveling on public roads, when it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of 2 meters. As well as in a perimeter of at least 5 meters, with respect to the accesses to non-university educational centers, health centers, premises and establishments in which smoking is prohibited and also with respect to the physical limits of the playgrounds.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed on public roads and in outdoor spaces when it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of 2 meters, except in coexistence groups.
The Gran Canaria Travel website is not the official website of any government institution or other institution providing interpretation of the law. For the full text of the laws, it is necessary to visit the websites of the relevant institutions. The information on the Gran Canaria Travel website is for informational purposes only and is therefore provided ‘as is’. All information provided on the website has been carefully checked and was correct at the time of publication. Gran Canaria Travel makes every effort to keep the information on the pages of this website up to date, but does not guarantee that the information on the pages of this website is accurate or complete. Information is subject to change without notice from Gran Canaria Travel. Gran Canaria Travel cannot guarantee that all information on the website will be available, suitable for use in all places. Gran Canaria Travel does not provide any guarantee for the results obtained using the information provided.